[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"]Floy Quintos
Writer/Director, well-known for his plays and musicals. He is the owner of the Art Gallery Deus in Manila. He has also been involved in the Songs For Heroes
concerts and has written screenplays such as Wating
(The Tough Guys
) 1992, the last film directed by Philippine National Artist for Film Ishmael Bernal. He directed Ang Bagong Harana
, a showcase of Filipino music for the Philippines Opera Company.
His plays include:
St. Louis Loves Dem Filipinos
– First produced as a straight play in 1991, then as a full-length musical in 2005.
Atang: Dulang May Musika
– A full-length play on the life and times of Atang De La Rama, star of the zarzuela and wife of nationalist Amado Hernandez.
Isang Panaginip na Fili
– A daring, revisionist take on Rizal’s El Filibusterismo
, juxtaposing the plot of the novel with Rizal’s tortured process of writing.
– An examination of the various hoaxes that have become a part of the Filipino psyche. From religious visionaries, to the Tasaday, to the controversial Code of Kalantiao. The play asks, ‘When is a lie better than the truth?’
Ang Kalungkutan Ng Mga Reyna
– First Prize, Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature One-Act Play in Pilipino, 2008.
An Evening At The Opera
– First Prize, Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature One-Act Play in English, 2011.
– Second Prize, Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature One-Act Play in Pilipino, 2010.
– A biting, unapologetic look at the world of television. The lies, the fabrication, the delightful madness. A circus of a show.
– Second Prize, Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature Full-Length Play in English, 2005.[/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"]
Back to Authors List